This is the story of the conversion, or porting, of a Clipper 87 application to Harbour. It is written more like daily notes than as an how-to. I could have completed the project and only list the steps that were succesfull. Instead, I wanted to document how the porting evolved, the problems I encountered, how they were solved, what made me change my ideas.
I hope you will find it interesting.
Here all the posts, starting at the bottom. Some posts are queued for publication on the date listed.
- It’s time to cleanup code…
- A persistent CHDIR()
- Do you BREAK()?
- SETKEY() saga
- Make it run! Remove all that compiler errors
- Plan to Throw One Away
- Did we meet before?
- Measure, refactor, measure, refactor, measure… stop… revert
- Printing for tax reports part 2
- Printing for tax reports
- Can you open my data files? part 2
- From 2 to 1 executable
- Do you refactor?
- aMaxStrLen(): how many ways to write it?
- The missing sources part 2
- The missing sources and data directory
- Quest for formatted code
- A first look at the code
- A Christmas gift